It's that time of year again... Committee Leadership applications are out NOW on AUinvolve!
Committee Leadership (formerly known as Council) is an awesome way to get involved and serve Auburn's campus by gaining professional experience and fostering relationships that will last a lifetime. Applications are open on AUinvolve until March 10th at 5:00 p.m.
There are four different positions available for each committee: Director, Assistant Director, Administrator and Marketing Manager. Before filling out the application, familiarize yourself with the responsibilities of each position and decide which is the best fit for you.
- Prepare weekly meeting agendas with Committee Leadership
- Understand and be able to implement full event planning processes including the following; contacting vendors, working with the Advisor to coordinate and implement contracts, book space, work with facilities, and perform proper risk management procedures alongside Advisor
- Meet with the President of University Program Council once a week
- Plan and coordinate Committee Members for events including formulating the day of schedule for events and being the primary contact for Committee Members during the day of an event
- Manage and implement the following forms; concourse hours, banner and concourse permits and technology requests
- Manage interview process for Committee Member applicants. Managing the interview process includes confirming appointments with interviewees and scheduling interviews on volunteer spot.
- Manage Committee Members’ concourse hours; confirm Committee Members’ concourse hour appointments; direct Committee Members in setting up and breaking down concourse hour events
- Complete After Action reports for Committee events
- Meet with Vice President of Operations once a week
- Manage the committee budget
- Participate in purchasing and shopping trips for respective Committee events
- Receive and record all receipts from Committee Members or Committee Leadership
- Turn received and recorded receipts into Advisor for uploading to I:Drive and sharing with the Office of Student Involvement Administrator
- Take minutes for committee meetings
- Provide meeting recaps to Committee Members and Committee Leadership
- Meet with the Vice President of Finance once a week
- Complete marketing requests through AU-involve for graphics, t-shirts, banners, handbills or flyers
- Perform photography for committee events
- Oversee the implementation of marketing for committee events including the following; photography, social media posts, fliers, t-shirt design and handbills. Social media posts will be done in coalition with the Secretary of UPC with the UPC holistic marketing plan in mind. Handbills will be designed by the marketing manager and distribution will be scheduled with the Vice President of Marketing according to the holistic marketing plan and the committee’s Assistant Director who manages concourse hours and events.
- Meet with the Vice President of Marketing once a week
Why should you apply? We're so glad you asked!
“My UPC experience has meant being active in the Auburn community and putting on the best possible events for students that are always free and so much fun. I love getting to see students smiling from having fun at a UPC event.” – Tristan Watson, Assistant Director of Fine Arts
- “For me, UPC has meant personal growth as a leader, a professional, and a person. I have developed skills that are applicable not only to my future career, but to every day life and the ways I interact with others. The interpersonal skills that you gain from this experience are invaluable and the friendships are incredible. It is truly a gift that keeps giving.” - Catherine Scibetta, 2016-2017 President
“Before I joined UPC, I didn’t have something of my own that I was truly passionate about. UPC has really helped me find my place at Auburn and given me professional experience I’ll take with me forever.” – Carter Brown, 2017-2018 Vice President of Marketing
"UPC has been one of the best parts of my college career. I've been able to see Auburn in a completely different way by planning events for students of all backgrounds and cultures." - Christina Camp, Assistant Director of Films
Still not convinced? Come to one of our two remaining information sessions. We would you to see you there!
- March 2nd at 3:30 p.m. in Student Center Room 2107
- March 8th at 3:30 p.m. in Student Center Room 2227
DON'T FORGET! Applications are due on March 10th at 5:00 p.m. on AUinvolve! War Eagle, and we'll see you in interviews!